I met Roza and Jonah at Tealuxe after work. I got the Almond Rooibos -- which was not as awesome as advertised but was good. In talking about UU-ism, it occurred to me that one of the things that was surreal to me about the whole "There's a spectrum of UU -- King's Chapel even does Communion" (in response to my statement that I'm too Christian to be UU, that one Sunday I went to ASC with Jonah) was that this thing which is base foundation to my faith tradition was being posited as the high Christology end of the spectrum in this other tradition.
At group, Meredith asked me why I do so much church, and at one point she suggested the answer, "Because it makes you happy?" and really, that is the truest answer I've found thus far.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. lunch with Jeff
2. Ian brought back goodies from ExecEd
3. interactions like normal
4. writercon & muskratjamboree planning
5. Leaving work I bumped into Katie and MikeS. and I would have liked to keep chatting with Katie but I had to turn around at the turnstiles 'cause I was meeting folks for hot chocolate.
6. Sean served tempeh as part of dinner.
7. Our recycling bin did not vanish.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, did all my requisite morning stuff, took out the recycling, and went to the [gym] ~35min weight room
2. I fixed a broked wiki page, and in the process learned some about how its coding works. (When I was telling Roza and Jonah this, I remembered that Cate's taking a web design class, and it occurred to me that it might be worth auditing a class like that next year.)
3. While I wasn't as assertive getting some work stuff taken care of as I should have been, I did get some stuff done, and I also stayed on top of various personal things.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. muskratjamboree!!! I will be there all day on Friday and Saturday and then I have another 12-hour day of church on Sunday, after which point my plan is to come home and fall into bed. I expect to be AFK most all of the weekend (though jadelennox is hubbing us, so I may steal other people's laptops), but I'll have my cell on me the whole time.
Tonight: Packing etc. took longer than I anticipated and I started to fade, so I opted to be lazy and sleep in my own bed tonight and T in tomorrow morning.