-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I got to sleep in. This was a nice bonus of not having to be in Burlington by 10am (though the first time I woke up was around 6:30).
- Afternoon with my mom. I know basically nothing about Pirates of Penzance, but I enjoyed Pirates!. It felt like they mostly kept the original script just innuendo-ed up the way it was played. My mom and I went to Pizzeria Uno afterward, which was yummy (spinach-mushroom-gorgonzola pizza; Bananas Foster dessert -- which I actually liked better than the Chocolate Malt Cake ). (Mom, this is the Amy-Jill Levine book I was thinking of.) While we were waiting for the play to start, my mom asked how I was, and I said "Pretty good," which I think is true, and she said, "You don't need to curl up in my lap for four hours?" and I said, "Not today."
- Esther and Galen's housewarming. (And on my way there I saw a playground that has swings.) I invited L., figuring she would probably have some comfort level with the sort of folks I expected to be there (extrapolating from Local 50 parties) since she's an MIT alum, but it turns out she actually knew or was only 2 degrees of separation from like half the people there due to Mystery Hunt, CTY, etc. She actually knows Ricky (though she hasn't been in touch with him in years), but hadn't realized that he and Rachel live with Cate and Jason since usually I just refer to "Cate and Jason's house," since that is fewer words and they are the people I'm more connected to. (Speaking of things she hadn't realized, at one point she said, "There are 4 girls cuddling on the couch and at least 2 of them are straight," and I said, "I don't know Krissie's orientation, but M-E's not straight and I'm not straight and you're mostly straight." I suppose it's never actually come up since I don't talk a whole lot about myself with her, and all the quasi-relationship stuff I have to talk about involves men.)
Line of the night: "I don't know about heaven, but I know about sex." (Carolyn's mom in a story Carolyn was telling)
- I washed dishes.
- I looked up directions to the theatre in case I ended up not getting an E Line and indeed I ended up just getting the first Green Line that showed up and I successfully got from Hynes to the theatre.
- I explained to Jonah where the #66 bus picks up in Harvard Square.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- SCBC Adult Ed
- Reiki session
- organ recital