-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares YHWH, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Good things about today:
- Alexis (and antheia) said I could crash with her Friday night in NYC \o/
- Conversation got punted to next week (which is not all that surprising, given constraints), but at least we managed to not really have a fight re: the scheduling.
- I eyeroll that I was asked to sit in on the meeting (to click through files on a projector), but it ended up being legitimately useful that I was there -- and I do like getting to sit in on those meetings.
- Various faculty were mailing in tax stuff today and, "Oh, right, I already filed my taxes," was a VERY nice feeling.
- Possible Native American (Navajo) participant for Pride Interfaith!
- The most recent GLQ arrived, and its contents include: "Of Unexplained Presences, Flying Ife Heads, Vampires, Sweat, Zombies, and Legbas: A Meditation on Black Queer Aesthetics" (yes, there was one word that totally jumped out at me).
- I haven't checked FedEx tracking in days, but I checked tonight (it's "expected" to be delivered tomorrow, after all) and supposedly it left Willington, CT, at 9:8pm tonight, so at least I don't need to worry that it just disappeared from the system sometime after it left Sacramento (tho I feel good about not checking, as it didn't reappear in the system until it arrived in Willington today at 2:02pm).
- There is an official start time for Thursday's Jeff+Julie at Flatbread.
- ordered more business cards for Prof.B.
- did the PeopleSoft at 9.1 Time Reporter Upgrade Training -- which was so pointless, but I was getting the vibe it was one of those required things, so, okay
- posted to fb a call for Hindus or Muslims to be readers at the Pride Interfaith service (and, good thing: some people forwarded the call; and I heard back from a couple people I'd emailed yesterday)
- Dawn seemed really appreciative that I came to "Beyond the Gender Binary: Transgender Literacy for Faith Leaders" -- and it was nice to hang out with her a bit afterward (tho that ended up being like an hour and wow do I wanna sleep now).
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Rest and re/New
- sitting in on the second meeting, I assume (there wasn't a single optimal date/time, so we're having 2 meetings...)