We said goodbye to the Yeagers (Maryland) just a couple Sundays ago. Blah, people and their leavings.
Keith told me about the Northampton-Amherst Farm Ride -- which is apparently the weekend AFTER Mike and Kristen's wedding.
SATURDAY JULY 28+
We ride! Today is The Farm Ride Century.
You’ll have your choice of a full century (100 miles), a metric century (100 kilometers = about 62 miles), a 25-30 mile route, or an easy cruise around town.
At the Tedeschi in Davis Square, a guy told me the closer my helmet is to my glasses, the more effectively it's protecting the frontal lobe of my brain.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Thus says God to these bones: "I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. I will lay sinews on you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am God." (Ezekiel 37:5-6, NRSV, alt.)
Good things about today:
- is nice to know people missed me during my LJ absences :) [yes, Mom, I know YOU missed me :) ]
- I wore my star shoes, and 3 people (starting with Ellie -- who seemed genuine) complimented me on them while I was Greeting.
- Housemate did dishes.
- Housemate successfully procured an air conditioner. (We ordered 2 online, but 1 was broken; she successfully returned it the other day, but they didn't have any replacements in stock at the time.)
- may have a good home for my massage table
- biking home from evening church, it felt fairly comfortable out
[weather.com] Today's High was 91°F at 1:45pm when conditions were Partly Cloudy
- Mike N. can't make my birthday party but suggested dinner some night as a possibility, saying, "It would be great to see you." I am choosing to believe he is telling the truth :)
- JPLicks has coconut base as its dairy free ice cream this month.
- sent a bunch of emails re: scheduling &c.
- I got to church about quarter of, saw there was no Greeter, went into Duhamel Hall, saw people were working on bulletins, brought a stack upstairs & Greeted
- bought milk
- vacuumed (which apparently triggered something of a "get rid of the stuff I never use" impulse in me)
- did some other spot-cleaning
- took out the trash because it was irritatingly (to me) full
- did my CCV follow-up notes
- restocked on Boca burgers
- made lunch for tomorrow
- made dinner for tonight
- did dishes
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Tomorrow's predicted high is only 80F!
- Possibly B will be in the office?
- PIC debrief meeting