by Jan Richardson
I am not asking you to take this wilderness from me,
to remove this place of starkness
where I come to know the wildness within me,
where I learn to call the names of the ravenous beasts
that pace inside me, to finger the brambles
that snake through my veins, to taste the thirst
that tugs at my tongue.
But send me tough angels,
sweet wine, strong bread:
(Silent Meditation at CWM tonight)
Oh, New England. After CHPC Adult Ed, Rachel and I were talking, and we headed toward the Square and decided to get lunch together. Rachel was complaining about the cold and rain, and we were walking down Holland St., probably around 1pm, and Rachel said, "Look at the sky over there," gesturing to our right (west), and then there were like these waves of vertical curtains of snow. When we left Mr. Crepe about an hour later, there was blue sky with white clouds. Snow squalls recurred throughout the day, and walking home from CWM there was lovely white coatings on the ground.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Sin is necessary, but all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well."
-Julian of Norwich, Showings
Five good things about today:
1. I really like N. T. Wright's chapter on "the Kingdom of God" in The Meaning of Jesus (ch. 3: "The Mission and Message of Jesus"). And yeah, I know I still owe sk8eeyore a comment about "kin-dom."
2. Snow :)
3. Chatting with Rachel.
4. Being out [at CWM] about being not-a-liberal and having that be okay. Especially with Marla. (It's not exactly a new thing, but I often feel, I dunno, nervous? around Marla.)
5. Learning new and interesting things at the trans study after CWM fellowship tonight. (Yeah, eventually I'll finish a writeup.)
BONUS: Joe IMed me to ask me how I was doing :)
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm this morning.
2. I participated in discussions.
3. I responded to Allie's e-mail about getting together this week.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
1. Recruiting process debrief meeting. (Even though word is that FAs may not actually be attending. So long as we get looped in afterward -- which I'm sure will happen.)
2. The Sarah Connor Chronicles