I was talking to Rachel after morning church service, and mentioned having recently exchanged e-mails with someone like real friends.
She replied: "As opposed to pretend friends, who just want to get in bed with each other -- to play Scrabble."
Rachel: "Screw guys who don't know what they want."
me: "Literally or metaphorically? You might want to rethink your verb choice there, you know."
Rachel: [thinks] "Depends on how much they're paying you."
I watched a documentary about burlesque this afternoon at the MFA [IMDb link].
I love what my schedule today says about who I am:
-- go to a fairly traditional (progressive), peace justice and mission -oriented, church in the morning
-- skip a potluck & program about the Cambridge to Bethlehem program at said church afterward to
-- watch a a documentary on burlesque at the MFA
-- go to queer church in the evening
-- followed by a study on transgender issues [at said church]
The driver on the Green Line car I got home? Kinda crazy.
At one point, along with the usual "Doors open on the right" or whatever, he said, "Go Celtics," which, okay, fine.
Then, departing a later stop, he announced, "We've got a family here from Cape Elizabeth, Maine. Let's give them all a big Boston welcome. Put your hands together." AWKWARD!
Finally, as we pulled into Park St., he said, "Go Red Sox."
A passenger near me said, "A bit early for that, isn't it?"
I replied, "Yeah. Pitchers and catchers was what, last week?" (I can say things like this because musesfool is on my flist.)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Sin is necessary, but all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well."
-Julian of Norwich, Showings
Five good things about today:
1. I got a solid comfortable amount of sleep.
2. fiareynne loved the ballet I linked to from mjules and shared it with her flist.
3. I started rereading Wendy Wasserstein's play The Heidi Chronicles because when I was watching her play Third I was reminded of it. I had forgotten how fun some parts of it are.
4. After CWM fellowship dinner, there was carrot cake birthday cake, and clementines.
5. Isabel sent me a very thorough reply e-mail about Greece and Italy stuff.
Bonus: Tufts is having showings of Shortbus (and other films).
Which reminds me that I had meant to include as a joy item that despite it not being the very end of the month yet, the MFA today had March/April film calendars out, so I was able to pick one up.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up at a reasonable hour.
2. I talked with Rachel after church service this morning, and she said I helped put things in perspective (re: the difficult situation we were discussing), so good on me for that.
3. Again, I ate real food rather than filling myself with processed sweets.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
1. Sleeping in!
2. The Sarah Connor Chronicles