I spent a lot of time on public transit today. I spent a lot of that time attempting to be in prayer. One thing I think prayer helps with, for me at least, is helping me to focus on what it is that I really want -- long-term and for my greater well-being and all that, as opposed to what I want short-term . . . Toby's idea of Will, wants vs. needs in the parlance of a tarot reading I once had, want-self vs. should-self in psych parlance.
I've also been thinking during Joys & Concerns in recent weeks, wondering how it is that you decide which concerns to lift up. 'Cause there are always lots of people I know going through difficult times (especially the kind of stuff that isn't just over in a week or two).
carlyinrome is hosting the pearls before swine: everyone is unsad meme. She explains: "Comment here saying nice things about anyone. Anything! Anywhere. Say nice things, and then people will comment to your comment saying nice things about you."
And mjules did joy sadhana today. Yay for joy.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Sin is necessary, but all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well."
-Julian of Norwich, Showings
Five good things about today:
1. I got like nine hours of sleep. Yay days off for sleeping in.
2. I mostly enjoyed the warm (highs in the low 60's, people! but it was rainy this morning, which I think helped me be okay with it) weather today rather than fretting about how unseasonable it is.
3. I found okay clothes at Sears -- and all on sale, so I got 4 shirts and 2 pairs of pants for <$85.
4. I sent a mildly impulsive e-mail last night, and today I didn't obsess excessively about the potential fallout. (And, bonus, there wasn't really fallout but rather, unexpectedly, an opening for further dialogue about an ongoing issue.)
5. I found a few things I'd misplaced.
Three things I did well today:
1. I went clothes shopping even though I really didn't want to.
2. I called a friend I've been out of touch with for far too long.
3. I registered for this year's Harvard Lambda Legal Advocacy Conference.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
1. Followup on a particular ongoing conversation.
2. Not having to go anywhere after work.