I think I didn't tell you this:In other news, she told me: [someone] actually said something interesting at Council, "I'm going to be spending eternity with these people, I want to be able to get along with them now." His idea was that we don't want to destroy people, even if we disagree.
On Easter Sunday, Joe F. asked where my daughter was.
Me: "She's at her own church."
Joe: "This is her church."
Me: "She would argue with you about that."
Joe: "Elizabeth would argue with me about ANYTHING."
Edit: I meant to include the Unison Prayer of Confession from morning church:
Come to us, God, like warm sunshine and fresh water, bringing life out of a parched and weary land.
We confess that hurts and disappointments harden our hearts, frustrations and failures contaminate our will to grow.
Come to us, God, with life-creating power. Free us from resentment, reluctance, and reserve. Remind us that in your forgiveness we are free. Forgiven, may we be forgiving, that all may prosper. In Jesus' name we pray. Amen.
(United Church of Canada, adapted)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"You may weep and mourn, but your pain will turn to joy...and no one will take that joy from you."
Five good things about today:
1. The weather was beautiful.
2. Interesting stuff in CHPC adult ed.
3. CAUMC-Eric brought my headphone-earbuds.
4. There were yummy chocolatey sweets at both churches.
5. Joe IMed me to apologize for never e-mailing me back.
Three things I did well today:
1. I had re-heated shells&cheese for lunch. Though I'm not sure this counts as more "real" food than a bagel with peanut butter. (Either it's better re-heated or it's an acquired taste, 'cause I didn't mind it as much as I did last night -- though I still don't intend to get it again.)
2. I picked up some groceries.
3. I stayed and helped stuff Affirmation newsletters at CWM.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Trying out the headphones CAUMC-Eric gave me at the gym.
2. Hearing about the first day of teaching.