1mi @ 11:23min
2mi @ 23:28min
2.53mi @ 30min
I was hungry at like 10:30am today. And International was American Heartland (Ian's 3rd favorite day -- 'cause it has meatloaf -- after Southern/Barbecue and St. Patrick's Day) so I got mac&cheese -- and was good and also got mozz&tomato and mushroom&carrot salad. I was still kinda hungry afterward, but wasn't sure what I wanted. This is annoying after my recent trend of not being hungry enough to finish my lunch. So on my way to class I stopped at BK for large fries and a large chocolate shake. (Their veggie burger is not worth $2.59, and I figured this would be enough to tide me over.) I told Lindsay I thought I was gonna give myself a sugar headache with my drink, and she said I'd be all hyper. A half hour into class I literally couldn't keep my eyes open. What up? I was better after the mid-class break, though.
Workbook sections covered in tonight's class included: "Why People Move: economic depression, natural disasters, persecution, war, civil disobedience, education."
I signed on to AIM after I got home, and people actually IMed me. What up? [And I totally did that thing where I responded to one person in the other person's chat window. *facepalm*]
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"You may weep and mourn, but your pain will turn to joy...and no one will take that joy from you."
Five good things about today:
1. The weather was brilliant. Mid-40s and sunny ftw.
2. I can has DVDs! Media Services called me at like 11:30. I literally jogged all the way over I was so stoked about the weather. I distributed them to all the NEG faculty -- hand-delivering when possible, otherwise leaving them in mailboxes and explaining to the FA's.
3. We watched Brian Regan clips on YouTube over lunch. He's not that original...it's a lot of what's called "observational humor" (thanks Wikipedia)... but his delivery's solid. (Also, I suspect we're all a bit punchy.)
4. mosca said: "one of my grad school friends forgot what a Venn Diagram was, and I made him this so he would never forget again: ( Some NSFW large text )"
5. I'm actually getting to bed before midnight.
Three things I did well today:
1. I followed up on a bunch of things.
2. I did a project for Katie (for Prof.N.) which ended up taking longer than it should have (weren't the Exchange people talking up this secure server thing for when you sent files that were too big? I just got a Send/Receive error message that the file I was trying to send was too big; isn't it supposed to prompt me with a URL or something? I did not have time to go look that up, so I worked around it) but I saw it through to the end.
3. I washed dishes. (Seriously people, your dishes do not have to be piled precariously ... and also you could rinse them out before you let them sit for days with food residue. I would be happy to wash them for you, but that would be a problematic precedent, so I'll just work around them.)
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. CAUMC small group
2. Work productivity.