I feel like I didn't accomplish much more than that.
However, the day has contained lots of happy.
1. FUH is still totally my favorite.
2. I got to do research and be helpful.
(a) Prof.B. asked me to find a copy of C. S. Lewis' "The Inner Ring," and as he was telling me about it I Googled it and found a full text. "You're a genius.
I read the essay later (in part because Prof.B. told me I should). Stand-out lines:
It is tiring and unhealthy to lose your Saturday afternoons: but to have them free because you don't matter, that is much worse.(b) I later researched a guy from Morgan Stanley; ZoomInfo = terrific.
In that way the second, unwritten system is bound to grow up. It is necessary; and perhaps it is not a necessary evil. But the desire which draws us into Inner Rings is another matter. A thing may be morally neutral and yet the desire for that thing may be dangerous.
(c) Kyle had a question, and I couldn't remember who exactly would handle it, so I just referred him to the appropriate department, but of course it bothered me so I tried searching my e-mail (though I wasn't optimistic given the vague keywords) and actually quickly found the answer, so I forwarded it to him and he replied: "Awesome! You work magic."
3. I'm happy for Nicole. (Cryptic, I know; apparently it's what I do.)
4. I actually got the burrito I wanted today. I asked for a vegetarian burrito, and the guy said, "Vegetarian burrito?" and I said, "Yeah -- black beans, tomatoes, guacamole, salsa." He put the black beans on and didn't put any rice in, which I was stoked about 'cause usually they default put rice on and I'm not a huge fan of their rice, and then he said "lettuce?" and I said no and listed everything I did want and after he put them on he asked if I wanted anything else and I said no and it was all good. I also got french fries.
5. I apparently have a lot of phone in my life recently. I called Lorraine, which was fun. And my brother called me to further hash out travel plans.
And of course the dKos entry I linked this morning. Also, Sharon is awesome.
My mom e-mailed me, "Did I tell you about the collection of short stories I read that was by authors of color, vampire stories? I knid of hope I did b/c I can't remember the name of it. But you mentioned another book about vampires in LJ and it reminded me." WANTS. Okay, so what that description actually makes me want is stories about vampires of color, which is not necessarily the same thing, but still. Preliminary Googling doesn't bring up anything; do any of you have any ideas?