1mi @ 10:56min
2mi @ 22:02min
3mi @ 33:00min
I know I hit 4mi before I hit 45min, but I don't remember the exact numbers.
Maybe 4pm-ish today I was coming back to my desk and saw how dark the sky had gotten out the window. About 5:20pm I was at Harvard T Station and it was thundering and lightning but not actually raining. I would have loved to walk all the way home, but I needed to do laundry before the laundromat closed, plus I had a headache which I suspected was due at least in part to hunger, so I opted for the T. Ten minutes later, I disembarked at Davis and the Spare Change guy informed me that it was raining buckets out. I had an umbrella so I was fine. Yeah I got soggy, but I was planning to put those pants in the laundry anyway. I changed my clothes (my shirt was actually remarkably dry) and ate some food and by the time I went to the laundromat the rain had mostly let up. 60F ftw!
[Edit: Talking to Katie on Wednesday, apparently it had been really coming down for a bit -- like low-visibility, near-hail, etc.]
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
-from "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (Words: Robert Robinson)
Five good things about today:
1. I have an Ari (long-distance, but still).
2. Greg finally downloaded Firefox and I got to offer helpful pointers -- like how to keyboard command between tabs, and that you can set your "homepage" to be multiple tabs.
3. Kara bumped into me at lunch and thanked me for the informational e-mail I'd sent her weeks ago (she's been swamped, hence the delay), which was a pleasant surprise.
4. Chatting with mjules.
5. It rained!
Bonus: I forgot to mention... we have a bucket of ice with the coffee now. (I don't drink coffee, iced or otherwise, but other people care, and I like making my people happy.) I hadn't gotten any response to my messages, so I was totally surprised to see. I noticed it when we came back from lunch, and MaryAlice was like, "Yeah, they've been bringing that with the coffee." I thought, "I've only been gone two days, and I really don't think we'd had any before I left."
And Bonus 2: I bumped into Becca C-T on the T home, as I sometimes do, and we were talking, and she was like, "We're not facebook friends are we? I had just assumed we were. We should remedy that."
Three things I did well today:
1. I used my GoodReads librarian status for someone other than myself :)
2. I called Mamma Maria again and actually got a copy of the receipt this time.
3. I did laundry (which is up to $2/load) and bought groceries (including aloe lotion).
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread service
2. Eh, I have a bunch of to-do items I think I can actually accomplish or at least make a dent in.