Today and... last Tuesday I think it was... I had that feeling like I could totally keep going even though I'd totally been working and I stopped largely because of time constraints. Is this what people mean when they talk about an endorphin rush?
Use of gender-specific language on Facebook. Thoughts?
Impromptu going-away party today at work at like 4pm. I was wrapping up some work stuff, but Greg and Katie pulled me in (not that I needed much convincing). I had a Sam Adams Summer Ale and when I left around 5:30 I could feel it -- not like I was unsteady on my feet or anything, but I definitely didn't feel like actually doing work. At Davis T Station about 45 minutes later (I did errands at Staples and CVS) I felt fine. I am such a lightweight.
Did I miss an announcement about changes to LJ voiceposting? 'Cause there used to be a whole slew of local U.S. numbers (and no international numbers -- though I know that was in the works) but now there are two toll-free numbers, a Canada and a Japan number, and two UK numbers. I had a local number programed into my cell and was gonna voicepost on Monday 'cause I pay for texting, but I kept just getting a busy signal, and today I was finally a computer when I remembered that I wanted to look it up. (The last time I phoneposted was February of last year.)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
O to grace how great a debtor
Daily I'm constrained to be!
-from "Come, Thou Fount of Every Blessing" (Words: Robert Robinson)
Five good things about today:
1. I had spring rolls (and some noodles and juice) for lunch. It's nice to not always have pasta.
2. Summer storm!
3. I was able to grab Prof.B. for the most urgent of the items on my To Do list.
4. Stories at the impromptu party at work.
5. I think the landlord may have actually replaced the front doorknob rather than just rescrewing it in (it's been coming off a lot recently).
Three things I did well today:
1. I figured out the quirk in the data I was trying to enter at work this morning.
2. The cashier at CVS gave me $1.51 in change from my $5 for my $4.49 purchase, and I gave her the dollar back rather than keeping it.
3. I finally made myself an "abundance" icon which I'm fairly pleased with.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Getting to sleep in at least a little bit.
2. Back-to-back parties.