Today at work was like, "Do this right now, and do this other thing right now, and we should meet right now, and do this third thing right now, and I'm gonna go meet with someone else right now." But not in a way that actually felt stressful. \o/ Nothing exciting or fulfilling, but I think it helped kick me out of my general malaise [salutes] And I got outside a bunch, which was nice. (The walk to work felt far less cold than I was expecting, even though I don't think it was actually objectively any warmer.)
I did a meme over in undeny's LJ, and for "Ask you something I've wanted to know about you," she said: "I think you would make a wonderful minister. Is that something you've considered?" I cracked up, because people keep telling me I should go to div school/seminary (and I would totally love getting to geek out about religion full-time) but I think I'm highly unsuited for most of what's involved in actually being a minister.
Edit: I forgot to mention: I think I may need to attend Somerville Community Baptist this coming Sunday (10:45am) 'cause the sermon title (per their front yard board -- what are those things called?) is "Christianity & Political Responsbility." /edit
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Sin is necessary, but all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well."
-Julian of Norwich, Showings
Five good things about today:
1. For the first time in a while, I got a good warm shower from the get-go without having that interim period of not-really-warm-enough water.
3. Having real food is so good. I had an omelet and oj for breakfast and tofu stirfry and a cranberry juice for lunch. I eat so much better on workdays when I can buy real food than on weekends when I am lazily fending for myself.
4. Housemate made baked mac&cheese for dinner (which she shared).
5. Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles continues to be rly good.
Three things I did well today:
1. I was proactive and was on top of B about the stuff that needed to get taken care of asap.
2. I bought groceries.
3. I paid my GAP VISA bill.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Coffee with Lizzy.
2. Getting more stuff accomplished at work.
Grr. My mom emailed to keep us looped, and my granddad's having mental/cognitive issues. I am not happy about this.
On the upside, CAUMC-Michelle texted me: "I got my certificate of course completion! AND I KEPT MY STRAIGHT A AVERAGE!" And we made HIMYM jokes.
I am really overdue for bed. I've had a headache since I dunno, after dinner, and now my stomach is unhappy.