-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Ev'ry valley shall be exalted, and ev'ry mountain and hill made low; the crooked straight, and the rough places plain.
And the glory of the Lord shall be revealed. And all flesh shall see it together, for the mouth of the Lord hath spoken it.
(Isaiah XL, 4-5)
"Original English text taken from the Scriptures by Charles Jennens (1700-1773)."
-Program Text for Handel's Messiah, Handel and Haydn Society, 2008-2009 Season
Five good things about today:
1. Getting an email response from Molly.
2. Talking church in LJ! (And in email and on the phone.)
Hee! Re: Molly's "I try to resist extra directive words in worship, because UCCers are already so darn wordy," Ari said, "I am... really not sold on the "excessive wordiness" thing. Sometimes words are necessary, yo. Maybe the UCC uses a lot of them because they are helpful tools."
3. Best Hire Ever.
4. Leftover fruit salad midafternoon.
5. CAUMC young adult small group.
Three things I did well today:
1. I did ~30min in the weight room this morning. (I'd increased the weights I was doing some weeks back, but had been having trouble recently, so I moved them back down to what they'd been before, which seemed to work well.) Yesterday I did the 45min on the treadmill (4.0mph, 1.0 incline).
2. I worked on my Secret Slasha fic (due one week from tomorrow!).
3. I had breakfast at home today (second morning in a row).
4. I remembered to put out the recycling this morning.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Singspiration: Christmas edition
2. Getting to read on the train ride home.