Mark Lapolla: "People died to come to our country."
Joe Kernen: "That should be reflected in the stock market."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up."
Five good things about today:
1. Apparently we get the full day of Dec. 24 off (not just a half-day)? [Edit the next day: Apparently that was misinformation; oh well.]
3. Stories; and being go-to girl.
4. I can has loaner laptop -- well not until the 23rd, but it's totally officially in the works.
5. Being hit by "The First Noel" courtesy of a brass+woodwind contingent of SHS as I came up the stairs at Davis. (Yes, I gave them money.)
Three things I did well today:
1. I went to the gym -- did 45min on the treadmill (4.0mph, 1.0 incline).
2. I got a bunch of stuff done at work -- even while e-chatting with like 3 people.
3. I did dishes (well, will have before I go to bed). [Edit: 9:45pm, done.]
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Actually catching up with Katie?
2. Lunch. Even when I'm too lazy to make myself a good dinner, I'm pretty much guaranteed a good solid lunch because of our I'm-so-spoiled food court/cafeteria/whatever.