Words of wisdom (and comfort) from mjules:
"Sometimes one-sided things are a little difficult to deal with, even when we're mostly okay with it."
"I don't think you're particularly cranky. Just having a lot tossed at you that needs external processing. :)"
"It is rather too bad I don't live closer to Boston, as you sound like you could stand to be taken out for dinner and then given a shoulder rub later. But you'll have to find those on your own since I am a bit too far away."
"It's easy to be generous with interpretations when we want people to live up to those interpretations. Though in the aftermath (of my own tendencies for that) I tend to call it 'making excuses'. *laugh*"
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. Butternut squash ravioli on the pasta bar at work.
2. Having Megan-mjules around (on Y!M) to flail at, repeatedly.
3. De-stressing about something after a few hours of processing (and mostly letting go of my crankiness at another thing).
4. Class is over, so I got to hang around after Rest and Bread service.
4a. Some of the folks at Rest and Bread disliked that people in the crowd booed Bush at the Inauguration yesterday.
4b. Gary said that on Sunday Molly said something about how there are Republicans in the congregation (and so people shouldn't act like h8ers -- or something).
5. Responding to my message about Rev. Lowery and (not) being Methodist, Carolyn said, "Just tell everyone you're Presbymethodgationist!" Gold star to her for remembering the denominations of all the churches I hang out at :)
Three things I did well today:
1. [gym] ~30min in the weight room (having a good amount of sleep totally makes this a less strained experience!)
2. I sent e-messages to a couple of people (I am really bad at keeping up with correspondence of the letter/email/facebook message sort).
3. I lifted up certain people in the Prayers at church tonight.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. CAUMC small group
2. is a cardio morning at the gym
Rest and Bread ("Dreams")
Sacred Text: Langston Hughes' "Harlem" (aka, "what happens to a dream deferred?")