"To have faced our demons is never to forget their power to hurt and never to forget the power to heal that lies in touching brokenheartedness."I got like 10 hours of sleep (woke up and got up before my 8am alarm -- yay!) but still felt somewhat worn out this morning. I haven't heard anymore about [redacted, v. 2.5] after yesterday afternoon, which felt sort like a letdown after having been so wrapped up in since like Tuesday (especially being up so late Friday night), though of course I'm glad that they're at a place where they're actually working through things together and I don't have to do crisis support.
-Rita Nakashima Brock
Morning church made me kind of crankypants. (I was unimpressed by evening church, but I still like evening church best.)
L. emailed me at 3:08am: "I'm super stressed 'bout classes...give me a call today (Sunday) afternoon if it's convenient?" I called her after I got back from Annual Meeting and we talked for about a half an hour.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
2. What I heard of Rev. S's sermon on Mark 1:21-28.
3. Lourey (yes, apparently that's how she spells it) came to CWM -- and apparently is going to try to make that a regular thing (along with Thursday night CAUMC young adult group). And she listened to me talk about my week/end. And double-counted the offertory with me.
4. Ari reminded me that it's the first of the month and so I should write the rent check.
5. MikeN replied to my last message to him.
Three things I did well today:
1. I stayed for all of Annual Meeting (over an hour and a half) at CHPC.
2. I said "excuse me" when behind pairs of people walking, instead of seething until reaching a cross street where I could walk around them.
3. I helped clean up after dinner at CWM -- including washing and drying dishes.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. giving blood
2. watching Super Bowl commercials online