-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. Getting an actual response to two substantive emails I sent (complete with an apology for the delay).
2. We seem to have successfully (re)scheduled the meeting I totally dropped the ball on scheduling (though part of me is holding my breath expecting that B will want to reschedule it -- but really I've been remarkably nonplussed by this).
3. Sidewalks are well-cleared.
4. Before Rest and Bread service, Laura Ruth said that she'd asked Keith how last week went (she had been out of town) and the first thing he said was, "Elizabeth helped, and she did a great job."
5. Phone call with la bff.
Three things I did well today:
1. [gym] 30min treadmill (4.0mph, 1.5 incline) -- I had a slow-moving start to the day (and then the Red Line was delayed), so I literally didn't have time for more ... which was maybe just as well because I found myself really physically tired
2. I replied to some emails/comments.
3. I washed dishes (and fit them into the drainer even though Housemate had just done dishes as well).
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. CAUMC small group
2. having gotten like 8 hours of sleep
Rest and Bread ("Sanctuary")
Sacred Text was "Would You Harbor Me?" from "Safe House: Still Looking" by Y. M. Barnwell. (Which kept making me think of "The Summons.")
Laura Ruth did the Reflection, and talked about visiting her ailing father-in-law, and how his sanctuary used to be [I didn't actually catch what exactly] but now that he's bed-ridden etc., his sanctuary is God, "because he could do no other," and how many of us find sanctuary in our abilities, our jobs, etc., but all those things pass away.
[FirstChurch Mailing List] my note is late but our service won't be, Rest and Bread at 6:15
Our service of prayer and communion begins at 6:15. The bread is warm and fragrant. Come taste and see that God is good.
Our theme is Sanctuary. Come be in ours.