The other night, I'd had a dream which included a moderately dangerous man. Last night, I had a dream which I understood to be a part-two of that. (I think this is influenced by the fact that I've passed the "homeless newspaper" scammer at Davis Square multiple mornings recently.) There was also some weird woman, but she dropped out of the story. One theme that recurs in dreams of mine is that I'm trying to run and the air feels like molasses (similarly, trying to scream and not being able to make any sound come out). These themes recurred in this dream, but while the guy had me tackled I was pulling up my mom in my cell phone contacts (even though I couldn't see the keypad) and I'm not sure if there was an actual transition, but later I was home (my parents' house in Norwood), and I was (hiding) in my room, and the guy showed up, and he banged on the screen door and forced his way in, and my mom protected me -- tied his wrists so he couldn't hurt us.
I woke up, and while I didn't particularly want to return to that dream, I felt really restful (as opposed to last night when I woke up and then slept somewhat fitfully).
I don't entirely know what that all means, but I'm just gonna be glad.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Do not be afraid, I am with you
I have called you each by name
Come and follow Me
I will bring you home
I love you and you are mine
-"You Are Mine" (David Haas)
Five good things about today:
1. Lots more interesting (mostly !50books_poc) books added to my GoodReads thanks largely to the Friends Updates emails (which I am still catching up on).
2. Greg bought me a vending machine snack in between running studies.
3. And we also got to chat a bit during the downtimes.
4. And I hugged him after we got back to the office.
5. I get to go to bed SO SOON.
Three things I did well today:
1. I actually got up with my alarm (rather than snoozing it twice) and left the house significantly closer to when I should than I have most of this week.
2. [gym] I started on the treadmill, and I had a pain in my right side as I jogged, which I'd had on Wednesday, too, but this time it was much stronger, so I switched to the not-elliptical and did 45min on resistance3 (averaged about 120 strides/min -- it wouldn't give me my Workout Summary after I was done -- and totaled 3.48mi).
3. I helped Greg run two studies -- and I caught up on my work email after I got back even though it was after 5pm so technically I was off the clock.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. I do not have to go to work.
2. Bloc 11 Cafe with Allie.