-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
- <10hrs of sleep!
- Bonus surprise Allie at the T this morning.
- Roza recommends Crispy Crepes Cafe out by St. Mary's -- note to self for the rare ocassion I'm out there and looking for a meal.
- My mom emailed me last night saying, "I'd say Ian NOT being dead rates a significant bit of joy." So in that spirit, joy item that Ian and V. did in fact (eventually) make it home yesterday, and he was in the office today and everything.
- Laura brought in leftover cake from her son's birthday party on Saturday. (And Greg was very vocal in his enjoyment of it, which made for extra entertainment.)
- A few minutes after 12, Katie came to my desk and said they were going to lunch if I wanted to come with. This is a joy item in and of itself, 'cause often when she's doing noon lunch she just kinda vanishes, but I also enjoyed the conversation that followed.
me: "I'm having lunch with a friend of mine at 12:30, but thanks for the invite."
Katie: "Who's coming over?"
me: "My friend Chris. He's at Harvard Divinity School."
Katie: "You have a lot of random Harvard co-employee friends."
me: "He's a student at Harvard Divinity. I think Lauren's my only random co-Harvard-employee friend."
Katie: "What about Cate? She works at Widener."
me: "Oh yeah. And she worked in Historical Collections here as a temp for a bit. She has so many book- and library-related jobs, that I forget, but good memory on your part. Plus I know so many people named Kate, that it took me a minute to remember who you were talking about." [My first thought was actually Sarah, 'cause she recently started working at HBS and I met her through Kaite.]
- Chris and I had lunch, and we've got to start doing this some time not in the middle of my work day, because we talked about religion/church and about fandom and about dialogue (evangelical Christians and gay Christians ... what are places where those conversations can happen?), and an hour is really not sufficient.
- Last time I had cut off our late lunch to go back to my desk, I ended up not having any work to do like all day, but this time I actually had a busy afternoon. I felt useful, which was good.
- Walking toward Powder House Park a little after 6pm, the sky was a beautiful shade of blue.
1. I got up with my alarm, did morning routine, and went to the [gym] ~35min weight room
2. I made a phone call I didn't want to make.
3. I made the CWM deposit at the bank.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread service
2. followed by soup supper and the first in the "Making the Faith Our Own" discussion series