-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. Allie and I made plans to see Vessel of Glass (by Lyralen Kaye) in Central Square next Tuesday.
2. I got the Global Vegetarian (China) for lunch today, and it was tasty -- Szechuan tofu w/ broccoli, and egg rolls that were soft and yummy (they aren't always).
3. It got up into the 40s today, and walking over to Morgan around 1pm it was really beautiful out.
3a. I say I'm indifferent to this whole extension of light-out-after-work, but it was kind of nice to be walking home around 7pm and have the sky be dark blue.
4. The plotter printer actually appropriately cropped my seating chart printouts.
5. Mr. Crepe with Roza
5a. About quarter to seven she said she should head home, which was somewhat sad to me, but it occurred to me later that that meant I could do laundry tonight (I wasn't sure I'd be able to do laundry until Friday due to all my commitments)
6. phone call with Ari :)
I read Psalm 14 today, and there's a footnote: "Psalm 14:1 The Hebrew words rendered fool in Psalms denote one who is morally deficient." I Googled "Psalm 14:1" because often when I Google a Bible verse I get this page that gives me various different translations of the verse all on one page, and I wanted to see if everyone said "fool" since apparently that's inaccurate. Apparently they do. Other Google results included various blogposts [I liked the Holman Old Testament Commentary quoted in this one] and SkepticsAnnotatedBible.com. I liked that they included Christian Responses after their list of apparent Biblical contradiction. I poked around the site a bit and ended up at polygamy, which includes some ... interesting ... links at the bottom -- which of course I read aloud to Ari.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, did my requisite morning stuff and went to the [gym] ~40min weight room
2. I think I took enough deep breaths before sending an email this morning.
3. I remembered to go over to Morgan and print out FUH's seating charts (and remembered to add money to my card while I was there).
4. I was proactive in doing some work on an expense report (it's comforting that I only have blocks around very specific issues that come up in my job).
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread service
2. and "house church at church" thereafter