-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. I got a brief, unexpected, kind email from a friend.
2. I have friends who love me and leave me sweet comments on my LJ. (Not that you are required to leave comments in order for me to trust that you love me, of course.)
3. No students [Spring Break] means we can go get lunch at noon and it's not crowded. (I forgot that means the Grille isn't open, though. Sigh.)
4. Laura Ruth emailed me:
Your help was invaluable in helping me prepare for my sermon. I'm really grateful to you.[Back when she was asking for resources, I linked her to the Spoon Theory. Though I'm not clear how anything of what I offered informed her sermon.]
I passed on the spoon theory to some folks with chronic illness, and they said, yes, yes, that's how it is.
I'm grateful to be in ministry with you.
5. I get to go to bed early. (Though I didn't particularly feel tired today, which was nice.)
Three things I did well today:
1. I did most of my requisite morning stuff and kept fairly timely and went to the ( gymCollapse )
2. This morning, Sara and I were talking about logistics of a 3-person TGM for B's class next year (plus the stuff we've learned just from this year about advance planning), and we had lots of good ideas and I put a schedule on B's calendar (anchoring! TM Sara this time) and made a shared gdoc with all the notes/plans for next year we'd talked about.
3. I remembered to make the CWM deposit. (I would have liked to get to chat with Katie on the way home -- we were leaving at the same time and everything -- but she'd driven in because she was going grocery shopping after work.)
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. two days in a row of getting to come straight home after work
2. phone call with a more-rested Ari (At one point tonight she said, "I keep thinking of things to say and then thinking, 'But then we'd have to talk about them.' ")