-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. Adorable story is adorable.
2. B was concerned to make sure that I was okay with coming in early to help with NEG.
3. L. articulated what she had been looking for from Jeff's book group (and listed some books she would like us to do or at least think about doing), which was really helpful to me (I haven't been able to really articulate my own sense of the purpose of the book group, but her articulation made a lot of sense to me).
4. A comm I'm in started a prayer request thread.
4a. And la bff knew exactly who to pray for :)
5. Chatting with mjules, and pretty songs on Pandora, and phone call with Ari.
Three things I did well today:
1. I did all of my requisite morning stuff and went to the [gym] ~35min weight room (I upped the weights on a bunch -- though not all -- of the machines I did, which I felt good about)
2. When I was feeling cranky at someone at lunch, I reminded myself that I am called to love everyone. This didn't actually change my thinking or my attitude, but the reminder is a good first step.
3. I put on headphones and Pandora so I wouldn't be annoyed at the woman who sits at the desk behind me talking on the phone nonstop. (They were totally work phonecalls, but still.)
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread
2. "Making the Faith Our Own" -- topic: sexuality