It is a good thing I got a LOT of sleep this weekend. I do all this church and while I sometimes have enough time to have decent conversation about it all with la bff (plus talking about her church stuff), I definitely don't have the time to write it all up. In the meantime, anyone wanna offer ideas on how to deal with passages like Jesus saying "I am the Way ... and no one comes to the Father but through me"? Ross and I are apparently making talking about salvation a weekly event, and to some extent we just have fundamental differences about how we balance mercy and justice in our understanding of Who God Is, but there are legitimate issues that I wrestle with and don't have good answers for.
I feel like the stress levels at work are gonna skyrocket these next six weeks. Sigh. We shall see. (Though on the bright side, redacted.)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. SCBC had some really good discussion.
2. People thanked me for my continued contributions to SCBC.
3. hearing back from various people about plans
4. My dad had a really great story from a student. (The story happened on Friday, but I heard about it today.)
5. It's only redacted because I'm not up for articulating -- basically, random emails apparently make me happy
Happy Birthday, Allie!
Three things I did well today:
1. I pointed out a really problematic line in Readers Theatre and so we changed it.
2. I asked Cheryl to double-count the money with me at CWM before she left.
3. I stayed for Lenten Vision and Discernment at CWM.
4. I remembered to pick up milk on my way home from CWM.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. "lunch" with Cate
2. "Coriolanus Conversations: The Politics of Compromise"