Cailin, Katie, Henry, and I had dinner at Garden at the Cellar. Which was not as expensive as I had initially feared it would be when Cailin said she'd been dying to go there. And there were enough vegetarian options that I didn't feel really limited. Rosemary-Truffle Fries are not really my thing, it turns out. I didn't dislike them, but they weren't really what I was looking for in french fries.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. getting invited to go get breakfast with coworkers
2. lunch with Nicki
3. chatting with Katie after dinner felt really comfortable
4. Jessie wants to get together with folks pre-MJ on Thursday; which I can't be a part of (and points to her for remembering this) but which I think is a really nice idea
5. via Ari, I learned about Quasimodo (yes, one of these days I would like to actually read the book)
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, and did my requisite morning stuff, and went to the [gym] ~40min weight room (and again, I felt less fatigued than I often have recently -- though on about five-and-a-half hours of sleep that makes little sense)
2. I asked FUH about having a brief conversation about my supporting his teaching this semester.
3. I emailed various people.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread
2. continuing to get caught up on stuff