Praying this morning, it occurred to me how difficult Easter is going to be for C. -- it being a family event and all.
During MJ and into this week, I've found myself thinking, "This is something I did well today," or, "This is a joy item," even though I wasn't actually journaling joy sadhana.
gym thus far this week --
Monday: 45min treadmill (4.1mph. 1.5incline)
Tuesday: ~35min weight room (as I was working out, I was noting how easy it felt and how back when I'd first started I was done after like 15 minutes and now 35 was my standard)
Wednesday: 45min treadmill (4.1mph. 1.5incline)
Thursday: ~35min weight room (I worried a little that I was going too quickly, that I wasn't really working my muscles by not doing more of the "slow and controlled motion" thing; about a half hour in, I felt not-okay and actually stopped for a bit to drink a lot of water -- as I was drinking my venti hot chocolate earlier this morning [I went to the gym around 10:20, having gotten in at 8 and spent my morning doing stuff like magically created PowerPoint slides], I felt like I was getting dehydrated, and my guess is that was true; I also had a headache for the rest of the day ... I finally took something around 3:40 when it was starting to bother me, and at 6:40 when it was still bothering me, and will again before I go to bed)
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Five good things about today:
1. I got a Starbucks breakfast for which I will be monetarily compensated (not that I'm really invested in those $6), plus bonus blueberry muffin.
3. something like normal conversations with Someone
3. Chris posted my "Inclusivity: ur doin it wrong" Finale link on facebook :)
4. I posted on a comm thread prayer concerns for two people I know, and Ari replied: "& for Elizabeth, as she holds them in her heart." ♥♥♥
5. It was nice to chat with Tiffany before service (also: my pastor wears black boots that hug her legs and go almost up to her knees and have like four-inch chunky heels), and service had some powerful moments.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm, left my house with enough time to be Errand Girl and still get to the office at 8, stayed and made slides and didn't go to the gym until after 10:05 class had started.
2. I made the CWM deposit and remembered that I actually had time to go home and eat and computer before church service.
3. I'm going to wash dishes before I go to bed.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. being more well-rested and less headachy
2. possible email exchanges