It is not Patriots' Day for most of you; why so quiet, LJ?
I thought I was mostly just being tired and lazy when I told Tiffany I would just take the collection home and count it after the Reconciling Saint Celebration, but it's actually a lot to sift through -- like a dozen checks and at least as many pledge cards, plus cash.
Conversation last night reminded me to look into this year's Boston Pride "Interfaith" service. The Parade's on a Saturday, but Festival spans two weekends, but I can't find it on the website anywhere. I emailed the committee and got the response: "Although it’s not on the calendar at the moment, I’m sure it will soon. Thanks for contacting Boston Pride!" I am not filled with confidence, but... In other news, looking at the calendar: Log Cabin Republicans April Meeting (Thu, April 23, 7pm – 9pm, Location TBA). I suppose it is probably a good thing I am otherwise committed.
I emailed the woman about HBS GLBT lunches and she said: "Yeah… we meet once in awhile. Twice yearly it seems like :)"
I haven't heard from L. since mid-last week, which concerns me a bit. She emailed me on the 15th and I emailed her back on the 17th and emailed again today (the 20th).
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Five good things about today:
1. getting a long email from a friend this morning
2. and a nice email reply from the guy I'd met last night (wow, that totally sounds like I picked up some guy in a bar but no, just the small world of gay Methodists)
3. spinach ravioli on the pasta bar at lunch (and TGM leftovers)
4. a surprising act of generosity (I actually feel wicked guilty receiving it, but there's no rational reason why I should)
5. My housemate told me about the In His Likeness webcomic -- because of the recent Skynet arc (starting at #610). I am amused.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm and ate breakfast at home and went to the [gym] 45min treadmill (4.2mph, 2.0incline -- the first third I felt physically tired, but the rest was okay)
2. I did laundry (a bit earlier than I needed to, but I'm out of the house every evening this week until Friday) and made a serious dent in the dishes piling up in the kitchen.
3. I contacted various people about making plans and did a reasonable job of LJ commenting.
4. I cleaned up my piles of paper on my home desk a bit and began the process of tabulating Sunday's collection.
5. [redacted v. Holy Saturday]
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Diesel with MichaelZ.