-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Five good things about today:
1. It was in the 80s today, which I am not a fan of, but I was actually not excessively uncomfortable at any time today (though I am v. grateful that I work in a temperature-controlled environment; and I could NOT stay awake during the "Negative Eschatology and Interfaith Dialogue" lecture -- though when I was on the website today, I saw "Lectures Online"). And as I was walking home, there were spurts of rain, which pleased me -- and signs of summer/springtime: when I was heading to the lecture, the rock fountain outside the Science building was on.
2. [redacted v.2]
3. At one point this afternoon, Jean (sits behind me) asked if I wanted anything when she went over to Spangler and I said actually I was in the mood for a chocolate chip cookie and so she brought me back one.
4. At one point today, I was looking through old email folders and read a whole bunch of emails from Ari from spring/summer 2007. ("I have utter faith and trust that you will take care of yourself, because that is one of the things you are amazing at doing.")
5. I microwaved the leftovers from Thursday's small group for dinner, and Sean had wrapped up the leftover green beans along with the leftover fake meat, which was a nice surprise.
Three things I did well today:
1. I went to the gym (~40min weight room; yesterday: 45min treadmill -- 4.2mph, 2.0incline).
2. I figured out how to add an empty column to a filled-in table on a wiki -- and it only took me about ten minutes.
3. I registered my OpenID on Dreamwidth and registered for Convo and sent jadelennox payment for the MJ hotel (marginaliana, I found out the day after I got your check that the hotel charged her instead of me, so I signed your check over to her).
4. On the T coming home, I helped a woman get the other strap of her backpack on.
5. I did laundry and washed dishes.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread
2. dinner with Jason