Shakespeare's "The Winter's Tale"
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Five good things about today:
1. Gillian made me literally laugh out loud. And (as I have said before) it is good to have people who will offer to inflict harm on my behalf :)
2. At the end of the day, I headed down to the other end of the hall to see if folks were ready to head out, and Greg told Katie that the printer was demanding the black ink cartridge be replaced. Katie asked Greg if he remembered how to do it and I said, "Greg's a smart guy, I feel confident that he can figure it out."
Greg said (I'm paraphrasing from memory, but his tone was totally serious), "And I have confidence that you could walk in an MBA classroom and teach."
I said I did not share his confidence on that. He said, "Give me two weeks with you and you could," which seemed somewhat more realistic to me, but I was still flattered nonetheless.
3. I got samosas and green beans from the international bar at lunch, and I wasn't expecting this to fill me up, but I was actually working on them through the afternoon and was still mostly full when I was home after work.
4. Cailin got past her initial o.o reaction about poly.
5. My mom had a total non-reaction to my talking about poly and casual dating and me.
Three things I did well today:
1. I got up with my alarm and ate breakfast at home and went to the [gym] 45min treadmill (2.0incline, 4.3mph -- yes, I upped the speed again)
2. I proofed a forty-something page article.
3. I did not totally fail in explaining poly to Cailin.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Actually finishing catching up on CWM Financial Secretary stuff so that it's DONE. (Yes there's new stuff every week, but having this backlog of unfinished stuff makes what should be a straightforward easy thing something I get avoidant around.)
2. Registering for Summer School classes and actually remembering to fill out my ASP subscription for next year.
Bonus: I'm getting subsidized breakfast again.