-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Five good things about today:
1. My mom emailed me after I'd gone to bed last night, so this totally counts for today.
I was thinking of [Cailin] asking "what does your mom think?"2. Free Starbucks breakfast.
My thought was, "about what?"
Gee, I'll have to practice having more intrusive opinions.
3. Summer school classes!
4. Having actual substantive conversation about Shakspeare's plays. (Substance actually began occurring yesterday, but I was still feeling rankled, so I didn't really enjoy it until today.)
5. Not being tired and headachy!
Three things I did well today:
1. I registered for my Harvard Summer School classes and renewed my ASP subscription.
2. [gym] weight room: ~30min -- I was surprised at that 'cause while I'd taken fewer rest breaks than I sometimes do, I was also trying (with some success) to be better about doing "slow, controlled movements"
3. I mostly caught up on Financial Secretary work.
Bonus: I made dinner that included vegetables. (And I remembered that I could smash the bag of frozen vegetables with a fork handle and that would be much more effective than smashing it against the edge of the counter.)
Bonus2: I figured out how to get from the course head's house to the T (god bless google hacks) so I won't feel so trapped at the end-of-year party.
Two things I am looking forward to (doing [better]) tomorrow:
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
1. Rest and Bread! (Though I think Laura Ruth is back in Ontario again, which is sad.)
2. I dunno... um, I have a dentist appointment, so that means Comedy Dentist