I socialized for extended periods of time after each of my church events today (SCBC Adult Ed, CHPC worship, organ recital at FCS UCC, CWM worship) which was neither draining nor rejuvenating.
I wasn't inspired by much of the Pentecost stuff today, which was a bummer, but I actually really liked the Reiki treatment I got.
In the spirit of self-care, I am not doing writeups tonight.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- Liz at CHPC said she keeps all my friends in her prayers -- that she doesn't remember all their names, but she prays for "Elizabeth's friends." I really appreciated that.
- Socialization that wasn't draining.
- Lots of food at Fellowship at CHPC and CWM.
- The Reiki treatment I had.
- Before the organ recital began, Laura Ruth summoned me from where I was sitting alone to sit with them.
- Some bits from my church services.
- Fun conversations.
- Plans and potential plans to get together with people.
- I contributed at SCBC Adult Ed.
- I socialized.
- I asked Cara to double-count the CWM offering.
- I remembered to pay my rent.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- giving blood
- getting my couch put together