-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- Leaving my house later than I'd expected meant I got to see Allie at the T. (She asked me how I'd been and I said, "I don't have a short answer to that.")
- I found out when Boston Pride Interfaith service is, and also about this year's Shakespeare on the Common (the latter thanks to Allie). [see here for info on both]
- I emailed OtherElizabeth last night (Subject: "A+, would donate blood with again") and she replied with the Subject "O+, would make stupid vampire jokes with again" -- and with Body about getting a sandwich at Blue Shirt Cafe after work some day soon. My life, it is awesome. [She also wrote, "P.S. I am now officially flogging my non-sparkly vampires. They come out with new adventures weekly in a Web-based melodrama acted out by 1:6 action figures! http://www.oddpla.net/lhf/ It's called Love Has Fangs."]
- Buy-one-dessert-get-one-free email from Finale (and their new menu items include Hot Fudge Sundae, $6.99, and Strawberry Shortcake, $8.99).
- Ian came back from downstairs and said, "Do you want a peanut butter thing or a strawberry angel food thing?"
I stood up, looked, and said, "I'll gladly take the peanut butter thing. I mean, I'd gladly take both, but I assume the offer is only for one." He told me to take both, said he really didn't want them.
Then as he was almost at his office, he said, "You know that's your last snack ever." I said, "Why would I believe you?" He said that they're closing the free-coffee&snack thing, not just for the summer but for ever (budget cuts and all).
- Places like Sears will not only deliver and install a new washer but will also remove the old one?
- offbalance (with j_bkl) is coming to Boston.
- Ari is not dead :)
- Hey, I might actually get to bed at a reasonable hour.
- I only snoozed my alarm once, and I ate breakfast at home and brushed my teeth, and I went to the [gym] ~40min weight room (I was tired, so I there was a fair amount of pausing between sets, but I did all my usual stuff. Lower-leg machine is still under repair. I tried a machine that builds core strength by mimicking doing crunches, and just as when I used to try to do crunches when I was in K-12, I end up just straining the muscles around my neck area.)
- I replied to folks about getting together -- and I was attentive to my own need to not overload on socializing (plus, some people are much more renewing for me to spend time with than others).
- I made the CWM deposit.
- I did laundry (two loads).
- I rechecked my history and rewrote something to reflect the revised information. /cryptic
- I finished and posted various LJ writeups.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Having a certain letter sent out so I can cease that particular strand of stressing.
- Rest and Bread
- coffee with Ross