-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I bumped into Sara on my way back to my office after getting a second breakfast (oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar) and we chatted for probably like a half an hour. She's looking forward to coming to my birthday party and said she'd been talking to one of the other RAs whom I know through her [Erin] who's also looking forward to it. (It irritates me that neither of them actually RSVP'ed as a Yes or Maybe on facebook... though Erin did email me later to ask if she could bring her boyfriend... and she did facebook RSVP later.)
- Two different people complimented me on my haircut. (Yes, I got it cut Friday afternoon and it took until late-morning today for anyone to say anything. Laura and then a bit later Katie. Roza also commented on it early on this evening.)
- L. said
Reiki is entirely its own Eastern practice, and it is areligious. It is not about magic, or even about energy manipulation, but about the practitioner being a conduit for the ultimate source of all energy, whatever you see that as being, and providing an avenue for your body to take what it needs to bring itself back into balance. So for you, that ultimate source of energy is God, or the Holy Spirit, or whatever.
- Working in CLER, I got to chat with RA-Matt a bunch.
- ~3hrs with Roza. And she wants to have me over for supper next week.
- [redacted, v.2]
- I got up with my alarm and ate breakfast at home and brushed my teeth and went to the [gym] 45min treadmill (2.5incline, 4.4mph)
- I caught up on thoughtful responses to LJ posts a wee bit.
- I took care of submitting a TN (including catching a couple things that needed to be updated).
- I emailed L. about the Magpie Girl "gremlins" thing and some of the stuff from my Reiki session (both of which I had sort of meant to do earlier).
- I helped run studies in CLER 'cause Laura's son is sick.
- I put the Sunday offering together for deposit. [I endorsed TWO checks by signing my name before I remembered that no, I'm supposed to be endorsing them "CWM - for deposit only." Sigh.]
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- proofreading an article for Prof.D. (I would have done it this afternoon except that I was at CLER)
- making the CWM deposit
- post-work sandwiches at Blue Shirt with OtherElizabeth