I felt much better at the service at the Hav and the potluck afterward. Shocking, I know, that being around people makes me feel better than sitting home alone thinking about how much I miss certain people. But sometimes I can't stand doing the work of socializing when I'm upset (I remember literally skipping CHPC Coffee Hour once this year), so it was still good that the experience was positive (and felt easy).
I watched the end of a movie on USA at the gym this morning in between CNBC, and when I looked it up: Blue Crush. My immediate thought was, "Hey, I've heard of that movie."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I have a shiny new washing machine! One that is not held together by glue. The guys showed up about 12:20 and were gone in less than a half an hour. I learned that the basement door to the outside is at the other end of the basement from the stairs into the house, so they didn't have to go through the landlady's part of the basement at all. And they adjusted the bottom of it so it sits flat (the guy had a a level and everything!) so now it doesn't need to have magazines shoved under one corner to keep it from being noisy. And I think it holds a bigger load than our old one.
- I signed in to Y!M and had a "Awww, sorry I missed you." message from mjules from Wednesday night.
- I did get a bit of a nap (~an hour and a half).
- Havurat Shalom service and potluck afterward.
- Roza emailed me about the Dyke March tonight and asked about watching the Pride Parade together.
- L. called me on her way home from Firefly. (I hadn't heard from her since an email in the wee hours of the morning yesterday, which was worrying me a titch).
- I only snoozed my alarm once and I ate breakfast at home and brushed my teeth and went to the [gym] 45min treadmill (2.5incline, 4.4mph)
- I swept the floors. Not spotless, but improved.
- I forwarded Jeff's facebook message about a place/time change for tonight's Firefly to L. (and cc'ed him -- he replied, "You beat me to the punch!!! Thanks for looking out.")
- I washed dishes (I'm barely home, but cereal for breakfast plus owning only four spoons...).
- I did two loads of laundry (one clothes, one sheets).
- I made arrangements for the workman who left his phone here to get it back. (Bonus: I emailed my parents my housemate's phone number because they're my ICE contacts but if anyone found my phone and wanted to get it back to me, they wouldn't necessarily know how to reach me. Well, of course there's email, but it's probably still good for them to have that info.)
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]