Edit: I hadn't found any official press release on the HBS webpage, but it occurred to me later to check the HBSNews Twitter. Huh. /edit
I am unimpressed by my World Religions class (the prof just doesn't quite do it for me) and think I will just listen to the lectures during work from now on, reserving Tuesday and Thursday evenings for things I will get more out of.
At one point during our phonecall tonight, L. was like, "Oh, there was a religion-related class this fall that I was supposed to tell you about but now I can't remember what it was." She mentioned "Dreams and The Dreaming" but couldn't remember if that was the class she had been thinking of. Poking around the website some, I'm actually tempted by "Race in the Americas" (thanks, RaceFail).
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- emails from someone I hadn't heard from in some time
- I learned that I CAN set different ringtones for different people. This improves my cell phone experience so much!
- mjules said:
I think of you a lot when I am reading my Human Sexuality textbook.
It's really awesome and amazing about not relegating any sexual orientation to invisibility.
And every time they include perspectives on a certain situation as it relates to gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender (often taking at least an entire paragraph if not segment for each of those), I think about bisexual invisibility and how much you'd like this book and class.
- Intellectual Property class changed rooms again -- to a room with comfortable seats.
- I heard from L.
- I went to the [gym] ~25min weight room (which is weird to me, because I didn't feel like I rushed more than usual or skipped anything)
- post office errands
- mirrored a bunch of substantive entries over at my pro-blog
- I tracked down the phone number for the in-house florist at a NYC hospital and placed an order.
- After work, a guy in Harvard Square asked me to sign something supporting Obama's health plan proposal, and I declined politely and wished him well.
- I added ring tones for the 3 people I would take calls from during church.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Rest and Bread
- Intellectual Property class