(2) Joy Sadhana
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Sin is necessary, but all will be well, and all will be well, and every kind of thing will be well."
-Julian of Norwich, Showings
Good things about today:
- Perfect weather for eating outside. I sat outside in the sun, no jacket, eating my lunch and reading, and it was perfect.
- Scott brought the admitted BizEc kids around on an impromptu tour and introduced me to them saying, “She can fix basically everything. Even things that aren’t yet broken – they run better after she touches them.”
- PotentialHire's 2nd visit today went smoothly.
- (Addendum) One of the escalators at Porter was stopped, and multiple people opted to walk up the long long staircase. Bad-ass!
- I got up, ate breakfast, went to morning prayer service, and went to the gym.
- I called an LJ friend to make sure she got up and went to work.
- I (re)read W;t.
- I dealt with all the work items that crossed my desk (except accosting Prof.B. to sign off on a couple expense reports).
- I worked on a sermon (Advent 4C, but still).
- I got groceries (I'd run out of essentials like cereal and bagels). Bonus: I carried the bag of groceries in my non-dominant hand the whole walk home from Porter.
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Not having a headache?
- Dinner with Allie! (I'll be in touch tomorrow with a verdict on where we're going for dinner.)
- Possibly making an appointment to get my hair cut. (I was feeling like my hair had gotten to an annoying length really quickly, but I think it's actually been more than two months since I last got it cut.)