-mylittleredgirl [more info]
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light. And they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. (Isaiah 9:2, Handel's Messiah)
Good things about today:
- Julia replied to my CWM cloths & candles email. I continue to have the best co-lay leader.
- I had coffee with LT and (a) there was money on the Starbucks card I found in my wallet [I don't drink coffee and barely go to Starbucks] so my peppermint hot chocolate was free (and tasty), (b) LT is a PLANNER. She also has ideas and resources and etc., but that is seriously the thing I am most excited about.
- Chrissy from H!PS sent me a Christmas card, which arrived today. It's handmade and on the front says "People Look East and Sing today! LOVE the rose is on the way!" with an origami rose. ♥
- I did not crash ever, despite having only gotten ~6hrs of sleep.
- Got up and went to morning prayer.
- Folded up laundered stuff (and stain sprayed and re-laundered a bunch of stuff -- yes, I was lazy and just dumped everything in originally -- not that it helped, but hey, I tried) and returned it to CWM office -- and picked up Christmas tree lights for the FCS chapel.
- Followed up promptly re: January travel plans.
- I think I was honest and balanced in my conversations with LT about CWM (and I really appreciate that she seemed really unfazed, and still seems to feel positively about being involved with CWM moving forward).
- I worked on my sermon (and on editing the source-texts -- Responsive Psalm = done!, and the other readings are nearly done) and feel more confident that I'll actually have a sermon come Sunday evening. (I also texted Scott to see if he was available for phonecall before Art Night -- though he didn't get back to me, so I'm assuming no.)
- I did art at Art Night. (This item is mostly for Shoshana, who fusses at me when I don't do art at Art Night. I also did art at Rest and re/New last night.)
- I sent out a test version of CWM announcements for this weekend -- and shared with Julia all the relevant follow-up from my coffee with LT as well as my conversation with Pr. Lisa on Monday.
- There was a potentially awkward thing and I followed up appropriately (and it was FINE).
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Sleeping in!