-mylittleredgirl [more info]
The people that walked in darkness have seen a great light. And they that dwell in the land of the shadow of death, upon them hath the light shined. (Isaiah 9:2, Handel's Messiah)
Good things about today:
- I used the term "facepalm" in conversation with cousin Sean and he said, "Picard facepalm" ♥
- Also, talking about illiterate classmates, he talked about "a lot" as one word (pronouncing it as ryhming with "shallot" -- emphasis on the first syllable) and I mentioned the Hyperbole and a Half and I have never seen him so excited.
- Travel was unproblematic.
- My copy of Philosophy In the Dungeon, The Magic of Sex & Spirit by Jack Rinella arrived.
- I sent my reply email to [redacted v.2]. I'm glad to have been able to live in the open space of that email for a couple days, feeling almost no pressure to respond immediately (partly because I have the excuse of the memorial service), but at the hotel this morning I felt like I was ready to send it, and I was glad to get to that point.
- After I got home, I:
- took out the recycling (a second barrel never materialized last week, and I do not want to try to fit the next 2 weeks' worth of recycling in our already full bin)
- did a load of laundry
- plugged my desktop computer back in and transferred a hunk of my mp3s to Dropbox -- though Dropbox seems to transfer stuff in random order, which is problematic because my intention was to transfer folders to my netbook (leaving some in Dropbox temporarily so I can copy them onto my work computer as well) as I only have a free account, and I think it's gonna hit the limit while I'm asleep tonight -- oh, wait, the free account is 2.25GB not 2.0GB, so I'll be okay (she realizes, after having deleted the pre-existing stuff out of her Dropbox *shrug*)
- made myself dinner (pasta & vegetables) and washed dishes afterward
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- dinner with Missy