-mylittleredgirl [more info]
While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew's house, many tax collectors and "sinners" came and ate with Jesus and the disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked Jesus' disciples, "Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and 'sinners'?"Good things about today:
On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'[Hosea 6:6] For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
Then John's disciples came and asked, "How is it that we and the Pharisees fast, but your disciples do not fast?"
Jesus answered, "How can the guests of the wedding party mourn while the one to be married is still with them? The time will come when the one to be married will be taken from them; then they will fast.
-Matthew 9:10-15 (NIV, edited)
- Upshot of the boiler not working this morning: My hair looked prettier than usual at work because I washed it AFTER going to the gym rather than BEFORE.
- Additional congratulations came in over the weekend -- including Sara's suggestion that "you should probably just run the school :)"
- I don't know what prompted it, but Ian was talking with Prof. Mike W. re: Mormonism and said, "There are lots of interpretations of the Bible -- I have to be careful what I say because [something about Elizabeth]," and from my desk two doors down I called back something along the lines of, "Yup, my ears just perked up." 'Cause dude, "Bible" plus my name? I think the conversation petered out, but I was still pleased at being name-checked -- and at the existence of the conversation.
- [redacted, v.2]
- eponis' church's Mardi Gras tonight included children burying the Alleluia, vegetarian sausage patties, and gluten-free pancakes.
- And she (re-)introduced me to her "hippie, feminist, Unitarian, queer lady" choir director who apparently has an abundance of hymnals which might be of use to me in working that part of the Pride Interfaith service this year.
- My mommy sent me a wonderful card.
- The one comment I made in tonight's #ChSocM [church social media] Twitter chat re: disability got RTed (and a couple people Followed me, though since I didn't do much besides RTing, I'm not really sure how to parse that).
- accomplished all the work stuff that needed to happen today and was reasonably proactive/on top of things
- did a wee bit of mental health/disability pol on the internets (and aforementioned loads of RTing re: church social media & disability)
- posted CWM's Lenten schedule
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Ash Wednesday (three services)
- walking a labyrinth