-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- Joan was at morning prayer (apparently she doesn't meet with her trainer Mon/Wed, so...)
- The two students behind me in line at the taqueria -- talking about how Florida is all suburban sprawl, one of them brought up William Gibson :)
- I shook my fists a lot today, but Francesca did an impressive job of rounding up people last-minute.
- [redacted, v.2] I got something I'd repeatedly been !offered (and then some) WITHOUT having to negotiate for it! It wasn't as good as I was expecting, but I still count it a win.
- Housemate bought toilet paper.
- I'm not very good at paper editing, but I can catch typos -- and in one case, look up a bunch of citations.
- baby's Internet activism today consisted of RTing Amy re: the thin-shaming (and the elision of how un/health can manifest in many different body types) re: Angelina Jolie at the Oscars
- did some work on personal scheduling
- bought more Penti tights (I think the ones with the gold burst at the knee are designed for wearing with shorter skirts than I currently sport -- and I don't really like wearing black tights with black heels -- but I'll probably wear them on Friday since apparently we're doing FA happy hour)
- bought groceries (Shaw's was out of Banilla yogurt, but apparently I wouldn't have had room for it anyway)
- washed dishes
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- making an appointment to get my hair cut (as I totally forgot to do that today -- though actually I think they may be closed on Mondays anyway)