-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I felt restfully caught up on sleep \o/
- "Against Big Bird, The Gods Themselves Contend in Vain"
- Houseguest was teasing about something and I assured Housemate I knew he was teasing -- that if I thought he weren't, I would have gone in and beaten him up. She was like, "And she could -- she strength trains [she said 4 times a week, which is untrue -- I go to the gym 5x/wk, but only 2 of those are strength-training days; the other 3 are cardio] -- she's the one who opens jars in this house." He was like, "Oh. I know -- I don't fuck with Smithies."
- This happened:
Houseguest: [reading aloud from facebook] "The past, the present and the future walk into a bar."
me: "And it says 'It WAS tense' -- you're picking a tense. It irritates me. I'm sorry, was that not the response you were looking for?"
Houseguest: "It was even better, frankly."
- Dinner out was nice (Rudy's in Teele Square).
- bought more milk, did laundry, prepared and ate food
- tidied my room some
- generic brand liquid drain cleaned the bathtub -- though it didn't help
- emailed Katie following up on last night's "let's get dinner just the two of us"
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- morning church
- [after evening church] no longer feeling like I "should" be working on my sermon instead of other stuff