-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- I started feeling tired around 9 last night, so went to bed around 9:30 -- so when my alarm went off at 7:30 this morning (which felt like 6:30am) I'd gotten a decent amount of sleep.
- bonus surprise Lisa S. at FCS this morning (she commented on how short my hair is -- first and only comment I've gotten since I got it cut yesterday -- and I realized that while I wasn't sure if maybe I wanted it shorter in the back, it's way shorter in the front than usual, giving me a very different look)
- Pr. Lisa continued the method we started last week of noting hymn word changes in the bulletin.
- Cassandra said that, inspired by something I'd posted on facebook, she did an impromptu burying the [A-word] thing at her other church. I winced every time she said the A-word (I guess it makes sense that people would have it off-limits as an actual ejaculation of praise but not as a word altogether -- though if we BURIED it...) but I was also so excited that she'd done it (and bonus, it went over well). I went over and hugged her.
- went to pre-morning church Bible Study
- messaged okc people (and experimented with setting up profiles on some other sites)
- went to evening church and arrived in time to help set up (good thing about today: other people had already done some of the setup, and continued doing so after I arrived)
- mentioned FatNutritionist.com on a friend's fb post debuting her blog keeping herself accountable re: food etc. (and, good thing about today, a commenter and the OP affirmed said blog)
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- printing out my gym rebate form and submitting that