Housemate made Real (loose-leaf) tea for my mom -- and demonstrated the trick Houseguest J does with tea bags. My dad would have loved it. Speaking of whom, there was a conversation during the game involving terminal velocity and dropping mice from great heights.
Allie, I thought of you when we had an angelology question.
I won: Dull, Fascinating, Evil
Someone [ed.: Ari] won "Sinful" with "Sin." (Tautological card is tautological. Semi-relatedly, I am possibly going to cull some of the redundant green cards -- e.g., Delicate/Fragile.)
Ari thinks she and eponis tied with 9 cards/each.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- Ari offered to let me use her laptop while she took a nap after morning prayer (which I took advantage of before taking my own nap).
- FCS is doing a 6:30pm Good Friday service in addition to the 3pm one. And also a Holy Saturday Labyrinth walk.
- My replacement netbook charger came today (earlier than the predicted Mar. 26-28 delivery date) and, as I suspected, it doesn't really help; so on Monday I'll be shipping it to Asus. Alas. But I'm glad to know.
- time with la bff; above-mentioned A2A:BE and time with my mom in general
- The weather cooled off and we got to open up windows this evening.
- got up with my alarm
- did a load of laundry
- washed dishes
- A (white) friend posted to facebook: "My friend [black clergywoman] invites us to wear hoodies Sunday, in support of justice and in protest of racism. Great idea!!" and I commented with a FWIW mentioning this post on the problematics of the hoodie becoming The Symbol. (Later, I read this commentary on that post, which is also fair -- though I think it's really easy for nuanced stuff like that to turn into really simplistic "I am wearing X and thus being a good Ally," which I have a real problem with in general -- see also my discomfort with the "reblog this or you're not really an ally" meme. This also relates -- for me, because I so dislike being pressured to do things -- to the conversations Ari and I have been having about coercive consent.)
- acquired groceries (including an overabundance of snacks for the party)
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Well, getting up at 9:30 will mean more sleep than I got last night, though it may not feel exactly like "sleeping in."
- potential breakfast out with people
- Local 50's Green party