-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- Pr. Lisa did respond to my weekly announcement draft email, complete with a blurb for this Sunday.
- Sex Week at Harvard!
I'm sad that I didn't learn about it until after I'd sent out the CWM weekly announcement email for this week. Reading the schedule, I made heart-hands at the people who put this together. ("Asexuality and Queering Intimacy"!)
Thing I did well: RTed a bunch of the events on my own and CWM's Twitter -- and alerted the organizers that a location change for one the events wasn't reflected in the facebook event.
- Appropriate late-March weather! (Housemate was expecting ~60F and sunny, and it was ~50F and cloudy, so she was disappointed -- but we both concurred that it was better than the 80F and sunny we had been having recently.)
- At the Local 50 party, I didn't really hit the sweet spot of good conversation much, but I'm comfortable enough around the people at that party that I could just hang out and feel okay. I also got to meet baby JJ (8 months and 3 days), who is trufax adorable. And Danielle et al affirmed that no really, Ari and I do not look alike.
- Ian's sister Amy had her baby (11:53pm California time on 3/23) and all is well.
- got up with my alarm
- did a load of laundry
- brought baby carrots and hummus to the party
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Bible study
- lunch with la bff before I send her off to the airport