-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"Hope begins in the dark, the stubborn hope that if you just show up and try to do the right thing, the dawn will come. You wait and watch and work: you don't give up." --Anne Lamott
Good things about today:
- At Coffee Hour, Jeff M. and Matt M. said I was the Queen of Discussion (Groups). I told them I thought they were perhaps over-praising me, but thank you.
- PIC meeting we got accomplished everything on the agenda and ended early/on time. We possibly could have gotten more accomplished if I'd brought more prep materials, but I just didn't have the resources (time, energy, etc.) this week to make that happen.
- Other stories from Coffee Hour: While I was in line, Maria came up and asked me for a hug. After I hugged her, she told Ari that I was the best hugger and also said something along the lines of that she always wants hugs. So Ari put her arms out to offer a hug. After they hugged Maria said, "You might be the runner-up -- are you related?" We laughed and I said, "No, we're best friends."
- PIC meeting ended early/on time, and so I got to CWM in time to help set up after all. (This also makes me feel better about the fact that we're back to the 3pm time and in a different location next month.)
- So, the replacement netbook charger I got on Friday didn't seem to really work (making me think the problem was the computer itself), but I left it plugged in all weekend just in case. I checked just now (before putting it in my bag to return tomorrow) and lo, it is charged. \o/ (Okay, it still keeps switching between battery and AC power despite being plugged in, so it would probably still be wise for me to send it back to the company for repair, but...)
- I think I did a fairly good job chairing the PIC meeting.
- asked Cassandra about all the things I had on my mental list (okay, I forgot about reggae) and had some good planning conversation with her and Pr. Lisa
- took home the altar cloths we spilled grape juice on and laundered them
- met Ari at the T and bought her ice cream
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- I'm not "looking forward" to calling UHS [University Health Services], per se, but it is a thing I am planning to do (since it seems like a good idea to have a medical professional tell me whether it would be needful to be taping my ankle or anything).