They had Stations of the Cross, which I don't recall from previous years. I didn't do them in order -- both because I didn't grasp the layout initially and also because I was initially hovering toward the back of the Sanctuary (tho I totally felt comfortable taken off my shoes basically as soon as I got in). Each one had a contemporary photograph and some interactive activity. Some of them I had to step away from fairly quickly -- I cannot handle much contemplation on the brutal reality of crucifixion.
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"You will prosper, my Servant, you will be raised up and highly exalted. Even as the crowds were appalled after seeing you -- you were so disfigured as to no longer look human -- so will the crowds be shocked at you, and rulers will stand speechless before you; for they will see something never told and witness something never heard
-Isaiah 52:13-15 (The Inclusive Bible)
Good things about today:
- Saturday seder options for Missy :)
- [redacted, v.2]
- I thought I'd missed my bus this morning, because none of the people I've gotten used to waiting with were there -- but apparently they just had off for Good Friday or something.
- My mom asked me for a reference on "burying the [A-word]" and I sent her this and she replied:
Thanks. I knew I could count on you.
I find it ironic that my girl who is proposing a kink Jesus program supports burying the [A-word]. You are a complicated soul :) Extreme liberal and liturgically (in some ways) very conservative. I love my girl.
- NOM party
Nancy, Michelle, and Christina took care of all of it and people actually showed up and we had enough food. (We possibly wanna stagger our free food events, though -- we double-ordered lunch yesterday [which was an accident] and then there was jr fac dinner THAT night [so there were some leftovers today] and then party today.)
- forwarded Seder information to Missy (who replied: "You're the best! I knew I was asking the right person :) thanks so much!")
- pulled together all the information B had asked for for his meeting with the Dean
- got through yesterday's post-meeting to-do list and stayed on top of the stuff that came in today
- did a load of laundry
- punted phonecall with Scott to Sunday afternoon when I realized I was more tired than I had expected
- had psychic bff powers :)
- found a Good Friday-appropriate joy sadhana quotation (daily lectionary ftw)
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- sleeping in!
- bff phonecall
- Holy Saturday (Mary Magdalene-themed!) labyrinth walk