-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares YHWH, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Good things about today:
- The MetroCard Alexis gave me had lots of money on it, so I didn't need to reload it at all. (I just got myself a one-ride last night, foolishly, instead of getting a card and putting real money on it.)
- breakfast with Erika and Petra and Jamie and Harold (which I was the only one of the 3 of us to get to on time, despite having the farthest to come, ironically)
- brunch/lunch with antheia (who listened to me talk/complain about church stuff A LOT)
- Jeff M's ordination
- I now want all ordinations to include feather boas.
- Rev. Michael Ellick: burn down the church [building] and play laser tag
- I pushed back on some of Steve McF's [confessional] heternormativity and he affirmed my doing so; he also affirmed my not fighting strongly in that moment but said he totally wants me to push back for real at some other time (Alissa said she wants to sit and watch).
- I did sleep in the van some.
- My tights came.
- Ari tells me that "LJ has finally fixed it so you can comment with an icon that has multiple tags."
- got up approximately with my alarm
- mostly successfully navigated (I got turned around in Greenwich Village, but antheia says that just means it's a day ending in "y")
- bicycled home
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- sleep (as predicted, no pre-worship Bible Study -- so I get an extra hour of sleep)