@mmaesturtevant Youth pride: a sea of "free hugs" signs.Instead I used all my out-with-people energy at the end of the day. I biked to Goodwill, found a sparkly purple short-sleeved shirt which is probably not quite professional enough for work but which I may wear during the summer anyway. I biked to work and printed out some stuff for tomorrow and following. I successfully biked to Pub Church (I opted not to make a lefthand turn crossing Comm. Ave. -- doing the cross in two parts instead -- but I did find the place no problem). Xochitl was having people [Amanda and Andrew and Erin+William] over to hang out afterward and I decided to go, figuring I could always bike home. I got to her apartment no problem (she gave good directions, and it was fairly straightforward, despite my never having been on those streets before). At various times during the night I considered leaving (hi, my 7:30am alarm), but I ended up staying until we all of a piece decided at 11:40 to leave. I biked home uneventfully (low traffic and mostly didn't hit red lights) -- I turned the wrong way on Mass Ave. coming off of Putnam, but I remedied that fairly quickly (I knew it was wrong once I hit the Plough and Stars, and I'd suspected earlier).
@etana [a "make way for queerlings: happy youth pride!" sign]
@eustaciavye77 There are no words that properly encompass the adorableness that is Boston Youth Pride.
@eustaciavye77 Today is also the zombie march. Some of the kids here are fighting for equal rights for queer zombies
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares YHWH, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." -Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
Good things about today:
- sleeping in (I woke up after ~8 hours of sleep and could have gotten up, but I went back to bed and slept off and on for another ~3 hours)
- Catharine C. emailed me back! with the requested information!
- Housemate brought me the 2 books I was gonna get from eponis ages ago.
- om nom nom, hot shower -- with freshly laundered towel and everything
- put away laundry and dishes
- emailed PIC after Catharine's email (and after I'd edited the Lord-he language out of her Scripture readings) -- and emailed the 2 people I'd been waiting on until after I had an actual theme to offer them
- emailed Roza about having supper together on Monday (it's our pre-Sacred Eros standard, but I realized we hadn't actually said anything about this week, and I'd rather not assume...) [and she emailed back confirming]
- replied to H!PS Chelsea's email (she'll be in town the first 2 weeks in June) [and facebook-friended the other H!PS people ]
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Bible study with Reebee (topic: Redeemer)
- India's baptism