Newbie-Diane (whose first Sunday was this past Sunday and who came to Rooftop People afterward) showed up at FCS before Rest and re/New -- she couldn't remember what time the ArtBeat crafting session was. We said 6:30 and told her she was welcome to stay for Rest and re/New, that we'd be done around 7 and they'd surely still be going. She said she needed to catch up with her mom (phonecall), so not today, but maybe another time -- though there's a Cambridge meditation thing that's also on Wednesday nights which she'd been wanting to try out. We said we're doing a mindfulness series (complete with guided meditation)
Keith (going to light candles before Rest and re/New): "God is not present unless there's fire -- prove me wrong: show me God."
-mylittleredgirl [more info]
Thus says God to these bones: "I will cause breath to enter you, and you shall live. I will lay sinews on you, and will cause flesh to come upon you, and cover you with skin, and put breath in you, and you shall live; and you shall know that I am God." (Ezekiel 37:5-6, NRSV, alt.)
Good things about today:
- OKC person emailed me back, opening with: "Correct me if I'm wrong, but in p2 you're basically saying that you've acclimated to a self-identity and that's integrated into your current environment, so you've lost some of the tension from being liminal? I love the expansive vocab, but sometimes I just need to slow down and make sure I understand what's being said (-:" *g*
- Despite having just taken a nap, I was awake through all of Rest and re/New -- including the guided meditation (which, unsurprisingly, I took v. literally).
- went to Goodwill (an entirely unsuccessful shopping trip, but I went and I tried)
- did Esplanade+weight room again; came back via Anderson Bridge and Mass Ave and Beech
[my legs were kinda sore afterward]
- put away the remainder of beverages from cooler (and cleaned the shelves on the refrigerator door as ~best as I could)
["anything that you're looking forward to, that means you're facing tomorrow with joy, not trepidation," as Ari says]
- Jeff M's office hours
- rescheduled cadenzamuse phonecall