* long bicycle rides
* indoor rock wall climbing
* getting a massage (or more than one)
* driving lessons
* spending time with people I rarely get to see
Instead, my days looked more like:
* sleep in (or go to morning office hours)
* introvert on the Internet for a few hours
* enjoy afternoon/evening activities
* go to bed when I feel like it
I felt like, "Isn't this the life I'm supposed to get to have AND work full-time?" because I didn't feel like I was doing a huge amount of extra stuff with any given day ... though I did get more exercise than I usually do [instead of alternating 1hr (~8mi) biking on top of my 4mi/way commute with ~30min weight room, I did the extra biking AND weight room each day]. Monday evening, my dad commented that I had that "kissed by the sun" look, and I suspect I'm even more tanned now.
And I did get to do some catching up with people and work on some projects ... and I do genuinely feel okay about having had a low-key week wherein I didn't "accomplish" much.